Your all natural candle needs to be cared for similarly to how you would care for a plant. By following these simple steps you can ensure your candle will give you a safe, clean and long lasting burn!
- Before burning your candle on its first burn, ensure that the wick is trimmed to 6mm to avoid smoking.
- During it’s first burn , burn your candle for at least 2 hours to allow the top layer to melt as evenly as possible and avoid tunnelling.
- Once cooled and the wax has solidified, trim the wick to 6mm-9mm between each burn.
- If the wick develops a ‘mushroom’ which is a small buildup at the top of the wick, it may cause the candle to flicker or smoke. Trimming the wick between each burn should help avoid this. If your candle is flickering or there is a build up, extinguish it, allow it to cool, trim the wick and relight.
- Burn away from draughts and open windows to avoid smoking.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended.
- Never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Burn on a level heatproof surface to avoid damage to surfaces.
- Never burn your candle on or near anything that may catch fire: for example curtains.
- Ensure the melt pool is free of any debris such as match heads at all times.
- Never move a candle which is lit or has a molten wax pool. If you wish to move the candle, extinguish it and allow to cool first.
- Burn candles at least 10cm apart from each other.
- Always extinguish the candle and do not relight when the wax level is less than 1cm.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Why 100% Soy Wax Candles?
We choose to make all of our candles from eco soy wax. Just as synthetic additives in food are bad for your health, toxins released from burning paraffin wax and metallic wicks are just as bad for you.
On top of that, our candles are made from a renewable source and are biodegradeable.
You may notice slight frosting in soy wax candles. This effect is unique to 100% vegetable wax blends and is simply the wax trying to turn back to it’s natural form and as a result begins to crystallise. It’s a sign that your candle is 100% natural and does not affect the performance of the candle at all.
Soy wax is also one of the slowest burning waxes so your candle will last much longer than a cheaply manufactured paraffin equivalent.
Why 100% Pure Essential Oil Fragrance?
All of our candle, rattan reed diffuser & oil dropper fragrance is derived from 100% Pure Essential Oils.
We used to suffer from headaches ourselves from artificial fragrance oils in candles so took matters into our own hands by producing all natural Bouclé candles. Just as breathing in fumes from paraffin wax is bad for your health, carcinogenic toxins released from burning artificial fragrances is not desirable to have around your homes.
Essential Oils have been used for thousands of years and are distilled from a natural source including flowers, roots and leaves which we have then combined to create artisan unique blends which can leave you feeling relaxed and restored.
Why is there some wax left down the side of the jar of my candle?
When selecting the correct wick for the candle, it is important for us to choose one that will burn safely and perform well on the lower half of the jar. A perfectly wicked candle will leave a skin like residue as it burns down the jar. When the candle is in it’s lower half, the extra heat absorbed by the jar will melt this excess wax which will slide down and be absorbed by the flame. Perfect.
Why does my candle flame size vary?
During the different burn stages a candle's flame can vary and this is completely normal. If your flame is too large, smokey or flickery, extinguish the candle immediately and allow to cool. Trim the wick to 6mm-9mm and relight.
Founded in Hackney, we are a two person company who believe that home fragrance should be kept natural and simple. Every element of the process is carried out by us in Brighton and East London from the development of our unique essential oil combinations, to the hand pouring and packaging of your orders.
Can I stock your products in my shop?
We have a stockist page featuring the lovely small businesses we are proud to be stocked in across the UK. If you are interested in stocking our products we would love to hear from you! Visit the contact us page, email firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to us on Instagram.
Do you do corporate gifting orders?
We love working with companies and agencies to create the perfect corporate gifting package. We have worked with various organisations to send out wellness packages, client gifts or provide product for hampers. Get in touch at email@example.com