There are many opinions and couples out there that think February 14th is just another day, and are left without any plans. We say, after the last two years everyone has experienced, why not use it as a fun excuse for a mid week celebration!
It can be difficult to strike the right balance when it comes to Valentine’s day gifts for her [and even harder for Valentine’s gifts for him!], especially when it may be the first time you’re having to even think of a Valentine’s gift for your boyfriend or girlfriend…
There’s nothing wrong with a fresh bouquet of flowers, but we’ve got you covered if you’re looking for something a little offbeat. Our ‘Pure Relaxation' gift sets make for perfect effortless gifting. They come complete with an all-natural Bouclé candle, mineral packed bath salts and gorgeous vegan chocolate from our favourite, local chocolate brand, Montezuma’s. Fill your bath tub to the brim with pure essential oil packed salts, sit back and relax with your luxurious ‘Spice it up' dark chocolate and candle flickering in the background.
There are so many options for fun-filled Valentine’s ideas… Why not bake a Valentine’s cake together? It’s low cost and a fab way of spending the eve without venturing into the winter chill! Please see our favourite [plant based of course] Valentine’s day cupcake recipe at the bottom for inspiration!
At Bouclé we also have the option of creating a personalised candle, if you want to ‘go the extra mile’ when treating your partner. In seconds, you’re able to create a bespoke label on your Bouclé candle for a fully personalised gift. Please see the photo inspiration on our personalised candle listing for label ideas!
It’s important to add, none of these necessarily have to be for a solely romantic partner, best friends can deserve a treat too. Being friends first and foremost, Ben and I are all about ‘Pal-entines’ day!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate cupcakes:
Makes 12 cakes
175g plain flour
75g coconut sugar
2 tbsps cacao powder [optional]
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
85ml maple syrup
55ml chickpea water
250ml almond milk
10 pitted medjool dates
150g cashews [soaked in water for 2 hours and drained]
3 tbsps peanut butter
3 tbsps maple syrup
50ml almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180C fan setting.
2. Line a 12-hole cupcake tray with cases.
3. Mix the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, bicarb, cacao powder & salt together.
4. Once combined, add the almond milk, maple syrup & chickpea water. Mix until the batter forms.
5. Pour the mixture into cupcake cases and bake for 25 mins, until golden.
6. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave the cupcakes to cool for at least 10 mins in their tin to firm up.
7. For the icing, drain the cashews and place all of the icing ingredients into a food processor, pulse until smooth, this will take around 5 mins. Add more almond milk, if a looser consistency is preferred.
8. Once the cakes are cool, cover each in icing then sprinkle with crushed peanuts if you'd like that extra decoration!