You will need:
- Your beautiful bouquet or stems you would like to dry
- Twine or string
- Clothes hanger
- Unscented hairspray [optional, see step 5 for more info!]
1. Strip excess foliage from flowers and cut stems to desired length. To help flowers retain their colour during the drying process, make sure to remove them from sunlight as soon as they’re cut.
2. Hang flowers individually or rubber-band stems together to hang a bouquet.
3. Find a dark, dry area with good circulation, such as an attic or unused closet. With twine or string, secure the bottom of the flowers’ stems to a hanger so that they hang upside down to dry.
4. Leave flowers for two to three weeks until completely dry.
5. Remove flowers from hangers and spray with unscented hairspray for protection. [We skip the hairspray step as ours are always great!]